Key figures affecting commercial aviation in Africa :
• 50% of Africa's population live in the continent's 10 richest countries, according to a 2016 report by Oxford Economics.
• 80% of African traffic concentrated at 50 Airports, according to IATA.
• 98% of Africa's 50 busiest airports are within 3000 nautical miles of each other.
• 45% of medium-haul routes are operated less than four times per week.
• Although 15% of the world's population resides on the African Continent, just 3% of all departing scheduled airline seats leave from there, according to a report by OAG.
Source: IATA Paris 2016